KSFR News is looking for freelancer reporters. If you are interested in reporting on issues important to Northern New Mexico – we want to hear from you. Our rates are on a sliding scale, from short pieces to features to longer interviews with newsmakers. If you or someone you know is an audio journalist interested in working with KSFR, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Class: Full Time, Non-Exempt - Hourly
Purpose/General Description of Position
The Production Technician facilitates audio production in KSFR’s studios and assists with production tasks related to broadcast automation and web content production. In addition to operating equipment during recording sessions and remote broadcasts, the Production Technician assists with monitoring and maintaining station technology, training staff and volunteers in audio production, and troubleshooting technology issues as they arise.
· Facilitate audio production in KSFR’s studios and for remote broadcasts.
· Communicate and coordinate production schedule with producers, as assigned.
· Assist operations staff in preparing daily automation playlist and traffic log.
· Assist the operations staff in training volunteers in the proper use production equipment.
· Provide technical support to staff and volunteer producers with audio or technology problems.
· Perform audio editing tasks to prepare programs and podcasts for distribution.
· Prepare content for the web and post on various platforms and outlets.
· Perform routine maintenance of audio and IT equipment. Log and report equipment issues.
· Verify along with operations staff that station is on-air and report outages to Operations Manager.
· Assist the Operations Manager with maintaining an inventory of equipment assets both on-site and off.
· Assist with logistics and production tasks for on-air fund drives.
Requirements for the position
KSFR is a 24 hour a day, 365 day per year operation. The Production Technician must be able to respond to emergencies in all but the most severe circumstances. The Production Technician should possess a basic understanding of audio recording techniques, audio production software and have experience troubleshooting computer issues. Experience in the following is required: audio editing with Adobe Audition; Mac and PC operating systems; basic electronics and audio circuits; basic configuration of IP networks.
The idea candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to act independently, display flexibility, creativity, develop innovative solutions and be constructive member of the station's team. They will be compassionate and patient when helping others with technology issues. And the ideal candidate will have a desire to learn about audio technology, broadcast technology, and media production.
Experience with audio production preferred with a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or technical school education in related fields. Must be 18 years of age or older and have a current, valid driver's license and be able to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Also have the ability and willingness to travel and work overtime.
$13-16/hour depending on experience
Send resume and cover letter to:
Tazbah McCullah, General Manager