KSFR News is seeking freelance reporters to produce feature stories about issues and events of importance in northern New Mexico. For more information contact Bryce Dix at email@example.com.
Underwriting Sales Representative
Purpose/General Description of Position
The Underwriting Sales Representative solicits corporate underwriting support for KSFR, including prospecting, research, presentation to clients, and maintenance of accounts. Qualified applicants should have two to three years of professional experience and demonstrated success in appropriate areas of fundraising, marketing and/or sales or equivalent experience and education. Critical skills are sales or fundraising, organizational ability, writing and familiarity with standard office computing. Desired skills include: familiarity with non-profits, especially public broadcasting; experience with the Santa Fe and surrounding area business and arts communities; strong interpersonal skills; enthusiasm; sense of humor; ability to achieve goals.
Requirements for the position
· Demonstrated success in sales and/or fundraising
· Familiarity with public radio and/or non-profits desirable
· Good communication skills, including writing and public speaking
· Good people skills
· Prepared to be a good representative of the station in the community
· Strong sense of ethical standards and the value of public service media
· Familiarity with basic office software such as Word, Excel, databases and contact management
· Research, cultivate and solicit support (underwriting) for KSFR from corporations and businesses in the Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Taos, Albuquerque area.
· Maintain existing accounts and solicit new ones
· Report to, and coordinate accounts with, the underwriting department supervisor
· Assist with soliciting challenges and other forms of support for on-air fund drives
· Be familiar with the interests, demographics, buying habits and other relevant information about the public radio audience
· Be dedicated to achieving financial goals for the station
· Work well within a team environment
· Work within station policy as articulated by station management to further policies of the Board of the New Mexico Radio Foundation dba/KSFR Radio
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Submit resume, letter of application and names and contact information of three references to:
Tazbah McCullah, General Manager
KSFR is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Position open until filled.